- I don’t want to be coming off vacation.
- It’s odd, rooting for Hillary to be savior of the Republic. There are two scenarios for the ’16 race: either Trump wins the GOP nomination, or else he splits off into a third-party bid. Either way, HRC wins.
- Trump didn’t create this movement out of thin air. If anything, he randomly just stumbled onto it in June ’15 and is now running with it. There has been a strong nativist/xenophobic strain to American politics for as long as there’s been an America.
- But this is also true of just about every society on the planet. In Japan, nativism is woven through every strand of their society, even though they are otherwise perfectly liberal and tolerant First Worlders. And that’s before we get to the hardcore nationalism of the Second World — Eastern Europe, Russia, China.
- Their secret is that they can express the natural, human nativist instict through healthy political channels . But in North America and Western/Central Europe, the only channel for such sentiment is through the fascists. Thus, we get National Front, Sweden Democrats, Trump. People vote for these assholes because they have literally no other alternative to the open-borders, politically-correct norm.
- And yes, the GOP donor class is just as pro-open-borders as the Dem donor class, if for different reasons. Against this ideological monopoly, it was only a matter of time before the New Know-Nothings arose.
- The two greatest sources of terrorism in this country remain the same: whites, and Sunni Muslims. Each political side is permitted to criticize only one of these two bases of terrorism, but not the other. How messed up is that?